HELLO! JUST NEW IN THIS FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2006, 04:39 PM
lguillermocp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELLO! JUST NEW IN THIS FORUM

Hello!

i was searching in the web about the my next step improving my Impreza GT Turbo 98. i live in Lima - Peru.

My mods are:

K&N filter
Decat original exhaust. HKS muf.
Manual (inside the cabin) boost controller setted know in 5 psi (orig. td04l)
Installed APEXI SAFC II. Not programmed, only installed (reading sensors only)

Maybe i am buying a used VF24 for $600 and i wanted to know if i need more things like a walbro fuel pump and bigger injectors for a first stage about 280 HPs or something like that. Also incluying the SAFC II setting.

I am sure that if i wanted more than 300 the walbro and the injectors are a must.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

LG
Old 23 May 2006, 05:01 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the filter is a cone type scrap it for a standard air box and decent panel filter, nothing worse than heat soak through the filter on turbo'ed car.
Old 23 May 2006, 08:11 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

I've been to Lima and was massively impressed mate, climbed a couple of mountains and went to Machu Piccu as well - awesome is the only way you could describe it.

Is your exhaust an after market stainless one? would be worth getting if not, yes get a walbro and you wont need injectors if you have yellows fitted already as they are 440's they will be good for the power levels you are suggesting for now, VF24 will be much better than the TD04 i think it might have?
Who have you got to map your ecu over there? what about a different intercooler? this would help i think with the temps where you are, just a thought
Old 23 May 2006, 11:13 PM
lguillermocp
Scooby Regular

Thank you for your words scoobysmiff. I know we have here a lot of history to show the world (The land of INCAS). Cusco is a mistic place that all the world have to visit.

well, going back to the point.

i have the original injectors (i dont know the size). you say that for 280 HPs is not neccesary to get bigger ones?. i suposse that.

Here the apexi SAFC II can be setted by Javier Díaz (el pollo). he adjust the map using a laptop and a sensor (a suposse the wide band)

i have been thinking in an Intercooler bigger. Maybe one second hand from a STI dont you think? an FMIC is too much expensive here.

A K&N panel filter replace for the original one would be better?? a cone filter is not better than the original restrictive panel filter?

VF24 and the walbro first, right?

LG
Old 24 May 2006, 06:51 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

yes fit the Vf24, walbro and the K&N pannel filter, you will still need to get it mapped though after you fit these just to be on the safe side, Sti intercooler will be a big help but a FMIC would be preferable, could you not get one off the internet (ebay or something, they must be able to ship to Peru?)
look at the colour on the top of your injectors, that will tell you the size, but you should be ok with what you have if your initial target is 280bhp
Old 24 May 2006, 07:49 AM
R19KET
Scooby Regular

Location: SSO2003 2nd, SSO2005 1st, SSO2006 2nd, TACC Rd4 5th 4wd: In my car ;-)

Email Carlos, he'll give you good advice, and he's local.

carlos_hiraoka@hotmail.com

Mark.