Notices

STI V3 rebuild/upgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2006, 10:55 PM
stluciascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI V3 rebuild/upgrade questions

Well I recieved my STI V3 from Japan and when it arrived the Apexi FC had been removed amongst other bits, anyway to cut a long story short the engine blew (#3 bearing) on the drive back from the dock to my house (10K).

Rather than be defeated I have taken this to be an chance to upgrade the engine internals.

I have purchase wisco pistons,Paulter rods, ACL Bearings,Cometic head Gaskets and a new crank shaft which will be put together this week.

The car came with a zero sports intake and a zero sports headers and 3" exhaust and a twin plate clutch, lightend flywheel and pulley.

I am installing an FMIC and a Deadbolt TD05-20G Turbo and am replacing the Apexi FC that dissapeared in transit from Japan.

There are several other upgrades going in as well a MSD DIS-2, Aeromotive fuel pressure reg and 1000 fuel pump, direct port nitrous and a samco inlet hose

The question is what size injectors should I look to be running now? I was going to go with 550cc (but am getting several different opinions) and what kind of boost will the Engine take when complete?

I realise the tranny will be the next thing to go but will deal with that once it happens

Jon

Last edited by stluciascooby; 07 May 2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08 May 2006, 12:08 AM
Dyney
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

550's will be fine.
I'm running a 2.5 on a 20g (only 1.3 bar) with 550's with headroom
If your worried get 740's and be done with it
Old 16 May 2006, 12:27 PM
stluciascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few more pics of rebuild.

I am waiting for my apexi fc unit can I drive it around off boost to break it in?
I asume under closed loop ECU will adjust fueling. any comment appreciated.
Jon