Notices

Charcoal Canister Delete

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2006, 06:36 AM
kbahus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charcoal Canister Delete

Curious to see if I can simply loop the two lines going into the charcoal canister back into eachother and delete the canister from the system on a 95 v2 sti? I wouldn't think this would be a problem but figured I better ask the experts first
Old 02 May 2006, 07:43 AM
wrxfox
Scooby Regular

i think ure supposed to tee them together then run another pipe as a vent pipe to the bottom of car.i was thinking of doing it at the other side of the engine bay by the fuel filter .
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...letalts003.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35...letalts002.jpg

i think ive worked out that no.6 scrawny pipe off cannister goes to no.1 and no.5 goes to no.4 so if im right you can connect no.1 to no.4 with a tee (and non return valves)and run it down to the chassis.saves a lot of messin + should make my life easier if i want to remove the standard rails and go parrallel.
rob
Old 03 May 2006, 06:09 AM
kbahus
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, interesting. I wouldn't mind running the canister since I have it, but after looking at your pictures I don't have that grey valve in between the canister and the motor nor do I have the mount for the canister and would have to fab something up. So, I am a little confused. What do you mean by "run it down to the chassis"? Got lost after connecting #1 to #4. What about the #5 and #6 lines?
Old 03 May 2006, 07:41 AM
wrxfox
Scooby Regular

on ure standard canister u have 2 pipes on top and there is a third underneath the canister which vta(vents to atmosphere) basically just an open pipe end.i will be doing away altogether with the canister and will not be re-fitting it .
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/wrxfox/ai2.jpg

ok from the start i will run from no.1 connect no.8 then add tee piece from this add no.7 then run pipe to no.4 (rubber hose not fuel rail).u should now have 1 spare leg on tee just run an open ended pipe and cable tie it to something near to ground.the cannister is now redundant no.s 5+6 +no.4 (metal pipe) can be left open or bunged .
not sure why u dont have no.7+8 i thought will all had them will need others advise on this would have thought they are necasary.
Old 03 May 2006, 05:22 PM
morto15
Scooby Regular

come on you eggspurts answer the poor lad, i am in the same boat myself as i smashed the front end and the canister and want to see how about leaving it out