Notices

help futer terzo owner in need of advise

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2006, 10:30 PM
terzotrit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help futer terzo owner in need of advise

ive sold my skyline and im coming back to good old scoobys (should never of left) and im gonna get a terzo what bhp are these standard how can u easily increse it and what do i look for in one??
Myself and daz wrx looked at one today it needed touchups on the bonnet all 4 doors and the roof and when he started it up (was hot aswell) daz noticed the pistons were slaping sounded like a bag of nuts in the engine is this a common problem on that model???

any help greatfully received
Old 24 April 2006, 07:03 PM
Daz_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Evening Tristan,

Firstly get the thought of that car we viewed out of your head, it needs paint and will soon need an engine rebuild. From what i can gather the problematic engines that suffered from piston slap were 97/98. Im lead to beleive that they will slap from cold but should stop once at operating temperature, if not then u have problems.

Tuning wise, to increase power, a full decat, filter and a ecu remap is a good start. Depending on what you want to acheive from your impreza.

As for what to look for, id like to hear the car start from cold, stone cold, and look out for the usual problems. Also look for things to make sure its actually a "Terzo" as your aware they were released in 98 and were the 3rd special edition in the uk, and was to celebrate the 3rd succesive world rally championship manufacturers title. There were 333 made so and each should have a plaque on the centre console display its build number. If standard should have 16" gold wheels, and will have special badging on the wings and rear. It should have STi style seats and air con was fitted as standard, as was a Cobra 6422 thatcham grade 1 remote alarm imobiliser.

Hope that helps mate.