Notices

help needed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2006, 11:03 PM
gavo
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed!!!!

Have just rebuilt me engine and spent the last 2 days fitting and trying to get it up and running (with alot of help from ed) but we have hit a dead end.Have got a good spark and fuel supply have checked and double checked the timing and is ok have checked all the wiring and cant find any faults,and also no ecu faults showing now.so the car turns over with the odd fire but will not start have also tried changing the coil packs and injectors over ie: white tabs at the front then at the back and still nothing.But does seem to be over fueling if left standing then turn over will fire for a couple of turns then nothing as if just flooding out.
Old 16 April 2006, 11:47 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

are u sure you havent mixed up any of coil pack leads, i think that may be hard to do tho as they are cut to the correct lengths

another idea, would be to have a look at the idle control valve, that may would cause the characteristics you described, (its the thing bolted to the back pasenger side of the inlet manifold).

the should be 2 bolts on the top of it, which holds a magnet thing to it, mark the position of this, then remove it and check the rod sticking up under it moves free, if it sticks then it could be stuck in the closed position thus blocking the air supply.

you can also hold the rod under it with ya had and get a mate to start the engine, that way you can controll the idel speed with ya hand.

well thats my wild guess anyway, GOOD LUCK
Old 17 April 2006, 12:01 AM
gavo
Scooby Newbie

funny you should say that as it was getting pretty warm today so mayb a prob there
Old 17 April 2006, 08:54 AM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Gavo i had mine apart last week(still not quite finished) when trying to restart had the same spent 6 hours checking everything in the end (running out of ideas i just held the key turned over and over and over ect..NO THROTTLE and with a jump kit to battery just as it feels like starter is going to melt spit pop bang, spit pop bang ect.. it started !!!good old perseverance
(if thats how you spell it??)
Old 17 April 2006, 11:07 AM
gavo
Scooby Newbie

will give anything ago right now.