Notices

Newbie problems.....Please help! Lambda problems

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2006, 09:45 AM
chargespeedscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Newbie problems.....Please help! Lambda problems

Hiya everyone i'm new here got a 94 wrx that i've been playing with full chargespeed wide arches and 'that' bootspoiler full retrim etc etc

right problem is i've fitted a fmic aftermarket exhaust and a decat downpipe the holes that are in the downpipe are normal lambda sensor size not subaru small ones. it ran horrible without a lamda wouldnt boost up or anything. HC's were at 5000 and lamda at 10 on my machine. There are two holes for a lamda one at top by the turbo and one at bottom near centre pipe. i have fitted a standard size lamda into the first hole near the turbo and wired it in and now it runs much better boosts up nice and HC's are down to 800 and lamda down to 2 BUT after booting it it trys hard to idle and nearly stalls eventually stabalising.

has anyone else with a decat had these problems and where is it best to have the lamda, top near turbo or further into the exhaust near the centre section

thanks for the help looking forward to using the forum

ben
Old 08 April 2006, 09:49 AM
ZEN Performance
Former Sponsor

Subaru lambda sensors are a normal size. the probe at the bottom of the standard downpipe is an exhaust gas temp probe and will not affect the running of the car. Some replacement downpipes have 2 proper lambda bunds as the new age cars have the sensor down by the gearbox. You should have a lambda sensor in the headers (ex manifold) prior to the turbo, it sits below the drivers side chassis rail.

Paul
Old 08 April 2006, 10:16 AM
chargespeedscooby
Scooby Newbie

oh dear what have i done, that is so wierd after plugging in the the sensor it runs so much better though. without it overfuels drastically. so you say its just a temp sensor? what is contributing to this overfueling i wonder and why wont it fall back to idle as normal now?