Notices

Singel Minded Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2001, 08:17 PM
phd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a 95 5 dr Sport, when I unlock the drivers door, the central locking unlocks all the doors as normal.

But, sometimes when I turn the key back to vertical position, all the other doors lock themselves again.
On other occasions this doesn't happen, but I can be sitting in the car merrily driving along and all doors bar the drivers lock for no bl00dy reason at all! Embarrasing with passengers and even more so at the MOT this week when tester was jumping in and out of the car checking the seat belts, I had to keep unlocking the drivers door and he had to open his door before it locked!!!

I remember on my old Sierra XR4x4 that there was a switch wrapped around the door-lock barrel that activated the central locking and alarm.

Does anyone know if this is similar on Scoobs - or what the arrangement is - before I strip the inner door panel off?

Thanks

Pete
Old 17 October 2001, 08:39 PM
Chris p
Scooby Regular

Pete,
Before you go taking the door pads off, have a look under the dashboard to the left of the glovebox, you should see a small black box which I think is bolted to the A pillar. This is the central locking control box, look inside it for water ingress, this could give you the symptoms you describe!! By the way, even if you have not got a water leak have a good look at this box and its connections!!!!
Old 17 October 2001, 10:22 PM
phd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chris, thanks,

I'll give the black box a good seeing to first. There could also be sommat wrong with the flick-switch on the door handle inside the car. When I touch it gently it also locks/unlocks the doors.

Need Inspector Gadget to sort this one I think!

Pete