Notices

bugeye indution kit

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 06:42 PM
madfifer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bugeye indution kit

bought a indution kit for a bugeye wrx and on the standard plastic piping there are two smaller pipes coming off it but there is no stubs in the new alloy pipe to put them anyone know what to do with these thanks
Old 22 February 2006, 07:20 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I take it from your comments that you are referring to the two pipes that come off the hard plastic pipe that disappears under the inlet manifold? If this is so I don't think your ally pipe will replace that as it involves taking off the inlet manifold to replace it. From experience your ally pipe will either come with a piece of rubber pipe to fit it onto the hard plasitic pipe and fit the induction kit on the other end. Or it will be a shorter pipe that fits into the end of the rubber pipe that connects to the airbox and your induction filter fits on the end. Therefore the two pipes will not need to be disturbed. The above comments could be totally wrong as there are so many induction kits out there if you could either post a picture of the complete kit or the manufacteur and part number of the kit a more definative answer could be given. Have fun Steve
Old 22 February 2006, 11:55 PM
madfifer
Scooby Regular

mate there only small breather hosesabout 8mm pipe that goes in theres two off this is the inution kit[IMG][/IMG]
Old 23 February 2006, 12:07 AM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

mate i know very little how the induction \ inlet \ecu systems works but I have been told by more that a few people to stay clear of induction kits unless your are looking at a remap

I like the sound and ended up getting a remap

if you havn't already got a knocklink now is a good time to get one
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=488480
Old 25 February 2006, 05:18 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by madfifer
mate there only small breather hosesabout 8mm pipe that goes in theres two off this is the inution kit[IMG][/IMG]
Looking at the picture I am sure that the blue section of hose should be on the other end of the metal pipe and the filter fits where the blue pipe is currently. I only say this as if you fitted the pipe as shown the cable for the Mass Airflow Sensor would not be long enough. The only two pipes I can think of near the airbox are for the cooling system and could be tiewrapped above or below the induction kit. Ask as many questions as you wish we might get a result. If i get chance I will take a picture of how my 'semi home built' induction kit is fitted and put it on this thread. Best of luck Steve