Notices

Quick general questions

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 04:10 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick general questions

I've had the car 6 months time for new toys!!! These are not necessarily about power increase but I like to fiddle and tinker- you know what I mean...

Having done some searching here and on the web- i can't find some general answers

Does an induction kit such as the Blitz SUS Power Induction Kit require an engine remap? Is it something i can fit myself with a socket set,etc? How badly could it go wrong??

I'd like to change all the hoses for samco hoses- simple job? Is it something i can fit myself with a socket set,etc? any idea which set it is on the samco site- is it

TCS135/C-A Impreza New Age/Vers 8 WRX 01~04 (9)

-even though mine is 05 which there isnt on the site!!

The front and rear and lower strut braces- Is it something i can fit myself with a socket set,etc? I assume a torque wrench is needed?

Prodrive springs- fit myself and then getting alignment at pro's or leave all to the pro's??

I would like a Dump valve- i do like the sound - but only on high boost- is there one that is highly adjustable- ie relatively silent/normal rumble in everyday driving but adjustable to be loud on tunnel-runs and cruises, etc?

Bigger front brakes- is that something i can do myself? I could see that ending in tears if I f'ed that up!! how about the braided hoses?

My scoob is a wrx PPP 05 -the warranty is a worry but I want to get my hands dirty and am willing to make these sort of changes

Any help would be well appreciated as always guys

Cheers

Trevor