Notices

Clicking Noise 05 STI Impreza

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2006, 06:45 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking Noise 05 STI Impreza

Only seem to hear this when cold, its as loud as a stone in the tyre noise, but its goes after a few mins driving.
Done a search on here for various things i.e cv joints, could it be this?, but wouldn't it be clicking all the time?. Its comes from the passenger side, from wheel I would say.

Oil level is fine, I also under stand that you get a slight ticking from cold but thats just where the oil has drained in the sump over night, and needs time to puimp round again.

Any other ideas?
Car is a 05 STI Impreza. done 14k.
Old 15 February 2006, 01:28 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

my injectors are quite noisy, I thought it was the tappets at first. Maybe you do have a stone or nail in the tyre ?
Old 15 February 2006, 01:52 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

The noise seems to be coming from the off side from wheel area, dissappears when there is a bit of heat in the car i.e engine. Thinkinf maybe the front pads not releasing straight away, but after warmth and braking they are fine, told this to the garage to check them out, should pick it up later today. Will post mine and their findings to hopefully help others with the same prob!.
Old 15 February 2006, 01:58 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not the girlfriends earrings is it
Old 15 February 2006, 02:01 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

No shes always in the boot
Old 15 February 2006, 02:06 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol
Old 15 February 2006, 06:24 PM
ronanharper
Scooby Regular

Its your tyres - mine is the same. Whenever the car is cold, hence the tyres are cold, and I reverse out of my garage with full lock, I feel/hear the same noise - its like your tyre is slipping over stones. You have the Re070's I take it - I put a set on my 53 reg STI as well and they do it. Once the tyres heat up the noise will stop.

Its common.

Ronan
Old 15 February 2006, 08:17 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Good point about the tyres, car is on pirelli P6000. It was the wheel weights that were the problem, the dealer were I brought the car put a new front tyre on, but put the weights too close to the caliper, so it was clipping it as it went round, the reason why it stopped after a while of driving was that it got pushed back to where it was clear and so on........., easy when you know how . Still all is well now, so am a happy bunny once again.

As a new owner this was my first dealings with the main dealer for problem solving, and they were great, phone calls when they said they will, had to leave the car with them over night, so they locked it away in the workshop, when collecting the car, the guy walked me to it, all very prim and proper like, makes you feel proud to be a scoobie owner. Haddocks of Colchester well done!.