Notices

oil leak problem. help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2006, 08:00 PM
GREEDO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak problem. help!!!

Right,where do i start. As above onMY 96 wrx. Been up to clinic for 5th visit to try and resolve dripping on new block paved drive! 1st visit front crank shaft seals. Still leaking. 2nd visit cam shaft seals. Still leaking. 3rd visit was told it was power steering pump,so new one fitted.Still leaking. 4th visit rear crank shaft seals. Still leaking! You can imagine by now i am going out of my mind,why all of these were not spotted together? 5th visit was told that on inspection a seal already fitted had gave so F.O.C. Kev said that had cured it. He said had left over night with paper under to see if all was well. All ok i was told. SURPRISE still leaking. Straight on blower and was told my engine is pressurizing and is blowing the next weekest point. A re-build i was told!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can this be right? Any other pointers from you lot out there that could get me out of this hell hole. Surely one person cant be this unlucky as last year MY98 sti ra big end went, so had to re-build