Notices

Newbie+help!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2006, 06:48 AM
benrb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie+help!

First off, wanted to say hi, im a newbie on here.....just bought my first scoob, its an RB5 no.173. Let the modding begin!

Can you boys and girls tell me which FMIC and turbo would be best suited to my car as theres so many to choose from...this being my first scoob im a bit puzzzled.
I was thinking A forestTD05/6 + a greddy front mount.
Some people have told me to lose the oem and go for garrett
and as for the coolers, there loads.....HKS,APS, BLITZ, APEXI, HYBRID, and they all look good but dont know which to go for.

Help!
Old 08 February 2006, 08:15 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

I have experience of fiting the HKS and hybrid.

The hybrid is great value for money, but it is a bit invloved to fit with a fair bit of metalwork involved. working great on my car with around 380 bhp. The core is built like a brick **** house - bit of a wieght penalty but will be hardy for daily use.

The HKS was a lot lighter, and pretty much a straight bolt on - As the APS and hyperflow ones are.

The other ones you mention i have no experience off so cant coment.

The big difference in price from the hybrid to the others makes it a difficult decision. I would prefer an APS/HKS or something like that but unless you can get a second hand one the hybrid is hard to beat.
Old 08 February 2006, 07:11 PM
benrb5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1mark
I have experience of fiting the HKS and hybrid.

The hybrid is great value for money, but it is a bit invloved to fit with a fair bit of metalwork involved. working great on my car with around 380 bhp. The core is built like a brick **** house - bit of a wieght penalty but will be hardy for daily use.

The HKS was a lot lighter, and pretty much a straight bolt on - As the APS and hyperflow ones are.

The other ones you mention i have no experience off so cant coment.

The big difference in price from the hybrid to the others makes it a difficult decision. I would prefer an APS/HKS or something like that but unless you can get a second hand one the hybrid is hard to beat.
I looked on the flat4online site and it sort of says that the greddy is a straight bolt on and is supplied with all fixtures etc.