Notices

tried 3 high octane fuels now

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2006, 12:30 PM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tried 3 high octane fuels now

I have been running Tesco 99 for about 4 weeks now and have to say it works brill in my MY05 STI PPP. I ran Optimax from day one till then. I put in BP Ultimate last weekend and it doesn't pull as well low down (for sure). I can't wait to run it dry now to fill back up with Tesco 99. I will cycle once every 4 tanks with Optimax though just to take advantage of the cleaning properties. Low down torque is so much better with the Tesco 99 than anything else I have tried and mid range has more punch too.
Old 03 January 2006, 12:36 PM
Swift Cee
Scooby Regular

Default nice one

Originally Posted by What if ?
I have been running Tesco 99 for about 4 weeks now and have to say it works brill in my MY05 STI PPP. I ran Optimax from day one till then. I put in BP Ultimate last weekend and it doesn't pull as well low down (for sure). I can't wait to run it dry now to fill back up with Tesco 99. I will cycle once every 4 tanks with Optimax though just to take advantage of the cleaning properties. Low down torque is so much better with the Tesco 99 than anything else I have tried and mid range has more punch too.

thats good, Ill give that a go as the optimax has dried up around the bedfordshire area.

nice one!

swift c
Old 03 January 2006, 12:40 PM
Nick Read
Scooby Regular

Good work. For anyone reading this thread, the moral of the story is this: petrol companies have no loyalty to you so don't show any to them. They will rip you off by as much as they think they can get away with. Buy whatever is the highest octane for the cheapest price. And at the moment that is Tesco 99 if you can get it.
Old 04 January 2006, 08:12 AM
What if ?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick Read
Good work. For anyone reading this thread, the moral of the story is this: petrol companies have no loyalty to you so don't show any to them. They will rip you off by as much as they think they can get away with. Buy whatever is the highest octane for the cheapest price. And at the moment that is Tesco 99 if you can get it.
and in my opinion the best one for performance !!
Old 04 January 2006, 04:40 PM
GingerbreadMan
Scooby Regular

Default Optimax /Tesco 99

I have a MY00 UK turbo,which has always been run on Optimax (apparently). I live in Bedfordshire and haven’t been able to get any for 2 weeks. I was a bit worried about trying another petrol, but 2 weeks and no Scoob – withdrawal symptoms !!
Now I’m trying Tesco 99, and have to say I’m pleased with the results. The car feels much more drivable and easier around town. Power delivery seemed smoother and as good as Optimax (but not as ‘explosive’). So 8ollox to Shell, I’m sticking with Tesco for a while, my other car seems to like it too.

Bit of a Newbie question……..but what’s the story with using Optimax/Tesco 99 with octane boosters – is it wise ? / do I still need to ?

Cheers, Gingerbreadman.