Notices

buzzing

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2005, 11:44 PM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buzzing

hi all. anybody got any ideas what might be causing a buzzing that seems to be coming from behind the dash.let me explain more.normal driving along gives no problems and no noise.as soon as i hit 80mph i get a buzzing from what seems to be coming from behind the dash.the faster i go the noisier it seems to get.the best way i can describe it is like the noise you get through the speakers when you have no suppresor on the alternator,only louder.please someone know what this might be its doing my head in.i've checked outside the car for anything loose,wipers etc with no joy.
cheers lads (and ladies of course).
Old 24 December 2005, 12:12 PM
bikerthou
Scooby Regular

try either looking at the clutch pipes on the bulk head near the master cylinder see if they have popped out of one of the clips stuff a bit of foam round them to test if it cures noise or possible windscreen rubber come unstuck
Old 24 December 2005, 01:46 PM
jerf
Scooby Newbie

Default buzzing

thanks for that,i will have a look.i have noticed today that it only seems to happen when the car is warm.is there any relay or something similar i could look for that may be malfunctioning.the car does seem to have a missfire when in boost when the car engine is warm which i thought i had cured by putting better grade fuel in,but it seems to have come back.could the 2 things be related?