Notices

Oil Catch can pipe work

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2005, 09:58 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Catch can pipe work

I am in need of a catch can after doing to breather mod. I currently run the pipe down the inner wing but its dripping on the new driveway and the missus is not impressed.

So I am about to buy a catch can from ebay that seems to have 2 pipes that go to it.

I only have the one pipe t'd from both pipes that normally route into the inlet tract. So how do I do it? Does it simply have one in and one that vents to atmosphere? And if one does vent to atmos, then will I have the same problem?

Cheers for any help
Old 18 November 2005, 10:56 PM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

yes mate

the single pipe from the tee runs to one spigot. the other piped to atmosphere under the car. put a little filter on the end if you dont want unwanted smells.

sometimes a bit of wire wool in the tank helps take the suspended oil out of the gas, but the oil should collect in the tank and not go straight out the outlet pipe.
Old 19 November 2005, 08:31 AM
69WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
I am in need of a catch can after doing to breather mod. I currently run the pipe down the inner wing but its dripping on the new driveway and the missus is not impressed.

So I am about to buy a catch can from ebay that seems to have 2 pipes that go to it.

I only have the one pipe t'd from both pipes that normally route into the inlet tract. So how do I do it? Does it simply have one in and one that vents to atmosphere? And if one does vent to atmos, then will I have the same problem?

Cheers for any help
You should still have 2 pipes!
The 2 from the rocker covers tee'd together= 1
1 from the crankcase ( much larger dia ) = 2
Old 19 November 2005, 09:12 AM
p1mark
Scooby Regular

Location: In a 405 BHP/360 ft/lb P1 with SN superstar Sonic dog at my side!

you have me confused now andy. the cam breathers are T'd together as standard in the pipework under the manifold. this single pipe then goes to the inlet pipe. all i have done is take this single pipe and T it to the crankcase breather.

the pipe from this T then goes to the catch tank, and then another pipe from the tank to atmosphere.

the way you have said it (i think) means you must have 3 take offs on your tank.

i am a little concerned cos im not picking any residue up in the tank but my IC and inlet piping are as dry as a bone. i just ut this down to the fact my engine is all new and its hardly breathing. pickle off here is piped up the same and does not collect any residue either and his 'system' has been ok'd by a very well known teccy guy.

wheres my gasses going to then?
Old 19 November 2005, 09:54 AM
69WRX
Scooby Regular

I see what youve done Mark. You have done it correct BTW.
Mine is the same accept my crankcase breather is not tee'd into the ones from the rocker covers as there is a big diffrence in diameter so this was left seperate, hence 2 pipes.

BTW. my pipes are see-thru and are just VTA and have never had any oil drips from them, just filled with a fine mist which eventually turned brown.