Notices

Gear box problems

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2005, 11:17 AM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear box problems

I have intermittent but persistent problems with the gearbox on my P1. I have difficulty getting into 1st and reverse gears and not just when the car's cold.

The garage has looked at the problem several times and has replaced those gears but this still hasn't fixed the problem. They put it down to the fact that it's a short shift.

Has anybody got any ideas about what to try next? It's driving me mad so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 08 November 2005, 11:22 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Its quite normal for 1st and reverse to take a couple of attempts to slot into gear. If its anything more than that you may want to look at the oil first and then probably the syncros.

When you say you had the gears replaced, do you mean the gearsets themselves or the syncros?
Old 08 November 2005, 11:23 AM
scooby_mania_yeah
Scooby Regular

Default Hia

I had this problem once... I ended taking a container down to subaru and getting some gearox oil of them and replacing it .... Was fine after that

Originally Posted by Rebecca
I have intermittent but persistent problems with the gearbox on my P1. I have difficulty getting into 1st and reverse gears and not just when the car's cold.

The garage has looked at the problem several times and has replaced those gears but this still hasn't fixed the problem. They put it down to the fact that it's a short shift.

Has anybody got any ideas about what to try next? It's driving me mad so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 09 November 2005, 12:27 PM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB'5
Its quite normal for 1st and reverse to take a couple of attempts to slot into gear. If its anything more than that you may want to look at the oil first and then probably the syncros.

When you say you had the gears replaced, do you mean the gearsets themselves or the syncros?
I can't believe that it is normal for 1st and reverse to take a couple of attempts to slot into gear - yes, when cold but not once warmed up surely?

I think it was the gearsets that were replaced.