Notices

Ethanol

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2005, 06:20 AM
thaisoob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethanol

Out here in Thailand Shell have binned regular 95 and are only selling Gasahol which I believe is 10% ethanol. My STI7 is running better on it. Anyone know if I should be concerned about this fuel.
Steve
Old 03 November 2005, 10:06 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

evening Steve When's the 1825 going on . I heard you were breaking other people's motors at Sepang

'shouldn't' be a problem, though Subaru of Australia don't reccommend > 10% - someone on SF.com asked ...

We expect levels of up to 10% Ethanol would provide little affect to the Subaru engine. However, the WRX Sti & Liberty B4 will experience starting failure and/or hesitation conditions just after starting the engine even if the fuel contains less than a 10% Ethanol level.

We have not evaluated fuel with a higher than 10% level of Ethanol. However, certain fuel and engine components (such as exhaust systems) can be damaged with the long-term use of greater than 10% Ethanol. We would therefore not accept warranty claims on parts that have been damaged due to the use of Ethanol as this is not a manufacturing defect and our vehicles have not been designed to run on such fuel.

We hope this information has been of assistance.

(Name withheld)
Customer Relations
Subaru (Aust) Pty Limited
Old 04 November 2005, 08:34 AM
thaisoob
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stevem2k
evening Steve When's the 1825 going on . I heard you were breaking other people's motors at Sepang

'shouldn't' be a problem, though Subaru of Australia don't reccommend > 10% - someone on SF.com asked ...
Thanks, as regards Sepang just got a bit hot a few times. Where do y get your gossip from. Anyway the engine needs a good canning to make sure it will stand the endurance race they are putting it in. The car was suffering what felt like a fuel cut on a trailing throttle which didnt help. You should see the way they drive including on Malaysias highways. Have y seen the video of them driving my car in Phuket. Revenge really.
Steve