Notices

oh no

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2005, 04:18 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy oh no! cooling system

got home from about an hours drive this morning after timer turned engine off could hear hissing sound lifted bonnet to find small crack top left of rad (only small but temp gauge in usual middle let car cool about 12-15mins took rad cap off lots of pressure spat out about a pint of coolent topped up coolent ran engine (which is fine no loss of power boost ect) let water cycle warmed up nice hotair from heater but has the small seep from rad and only the fan on the leak side of rad came on not both???? any advice or rads for sale
car is my97uk with vf22 front entry convertion + de cat

Last edited by scooby dancer; 23 October 2005 at 04:35 PM.
Old 23 October 2005, 07:18 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Angry

bttt come on guys have any one got a rad or advice !!!
Old 23 October 2005, 07:59 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, initially you'll be needing a new radiator by the sounds of it...... the second fan is only fitted on cars with air con, so something to do with that, wouldn't worry that it doesn't come on myself........ so, new rad.... try again....
Old 23 October 2005, 08:39 PM
scooby dancer
Scooby Regular

Smile

new rad on its way will give it a good flush through about time i posted some pics when i stop breaking it!!!
Originally Posted by RON
Well, initially you'll be needing a new radiator by the sounds of it...... the second fan is only fitted on cars with air con, so something to do with that, wouldn't worry that it doesn't come on myself........ so, new rad.... try again....