Notices

NF Octane Booster Help

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2005, 12:34 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NF Octane Booster Help

Just a quick question about NF Octane booster. Ive read up quite a bit on this but cannot find an answer. It says that a full bottle adds 6 RON, also that a full bottle will be enough to treat 6 tanks of fuel. Does that mean that each tank will be increased by just 1 RON.

If so does this not mean that stuff like Millers etc works out cheaper then as Millers increases by 2 RON a bottle which is only about £3.

If I am having to put 2 shots of NF in that means I am only getting 3 tanks from a bottle. Hence twice the price really...

Sorry for going on but I just want to get this clear before I go and by a bulk lot of either.

Cheers

Dean
Old 06 October 2005, 12:39 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Don't know the science but I used to stick 1ml per litre in the tank, then changed it to 75mls ever fill(60l tank)
Never got more then a second green on the KL so happy with that.

If you put 60ml in every fill then it works out cheaper then a bottle of Millers.
Remember they are not designed to give the car more power via higher octane rating but are there to help protect from knocking/pinking/det.
Well thats why I used NF for anyway
Old 06 October 2005, 12:47 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree with Richie.
The instructions are not the best, but AndyF told me to use NF when he mapped very tightly my 2 litre (407 bhp).
The booster really stabilises the base fuel, so Optimax really is 98 octane and that can be relied on.
Just one other point.
If you do add NF and have not added the engine breather mod then the oil fumes from the natural crankcase breather will entre the inlet manifold as designed and knock seven bells out of the octane.

Graham.
Old 06 October 2005, 12:55 PM
yam got a scooby
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the replies

I tend to use Esso SUL 97 as I havent got a shell near me. I dont think I have a Crank Case breather fitted. Not that Im aware of anyway. So would you recommend I dont use any Octane booster then???