Notices

apexi type r avc r boost and Apexi s afc2

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2005, 08:34 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question apexi type r avc r boost and Apexi s afc2

I am going to get an Apexi type r avc r boost controller today, would It be a good idea to get an Apexi Safc2 as well so that I can slightly modify the fuelling? Also will the SAFC2 remove the boost cut limit in the original ecu?
Old 30 September 2005, 05:02 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
I am going to get an Apexi type r avc r boost controller today, would It be a good idea to get an Apexi Safc2 as well so that I can slightly modify the fuelling? Also will the SAFC2 remove the boost cut limit in the original ecu?
If you have these kind of questions ... really get someone else to setup the car... Too much boost and not enough fuel = a big bill, not worth it mate. Really... go get a powerfc. Can be had for about £450 if you shop around. OK so you then need to consider the boost contorller but TBH go for the PFC now then think about boost controller later... just my 2p..
Old 30 September 2005, 06:16 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SCOOBYD00
If you have these kind of questions ... really get someone else to setup the car... Too much boost and not enough fuel = a big bill, not worth it mate. Really... go get a powerfc. Can be had for about £450 if you shop around. OK so you then need to consider the boost contorller but TBH go for the PFC now then think about boost controller later... just my 2p..
Thanks for your imput, Im not gonna be running more boost as a power fc is in the pipeline in a month or so. I want to use the boost controller basically so that I can get my turbo to hold boost for longer which although it wont increase my bhp, it will make the car a bit quicker than it is. Then when I do get the power fc and get it mapped, it can be used with that.
I was just asking basically if the SAFC2 got rid of the standard fuel cut as if it did I would use one of those and increase the fuelling slightly at the top end so if I get any boost spikes the fuelling side would be covered.