Notices

PPP exhaust question MY00

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2005, 11:12 PM
Smurftech
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP exhaust question MY00

Just need to confirm that my PPP'd MY00 classic has a de-cat centre? Is this correct, someone mentioned its a resonator pipe.....any difference?

Also looking to change the prodrive backbox to something rumblier, most backboxes for MY00 should fit the prodrive centre OK?, or will I need to get backbox and centre to fit OE downpipe?

Or should I get de-cat as well (but can't afford re-map just yet)!!!

So many variations here.......what to do!
Old 22 September 2005, 08:19 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's a genuine factory PPP then you will have the centre section from an STi 5. It has no cat, but does have a resonator/straigh through silencer.

IIRC they use the same heatshield arrangement as the standard system, so it may look like it has a cat, but in actual fact there isn't one under the heatshield.

Most of the other rear box options will fit i.e ScoobySport, Magnex, TSL, Afterburner etc..etc... the only ones that may not are things like blitz, HKS etc..etc... as some of these use a sleeve joint instead of a flange joint.
Old 22 September 2005, 02:33 PM
Smurftech
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott.T
If it's a genuine factory PPP then you will have the centre section from an STi 5. It has no cat, but does have a resonator/straigh through silencer.

IIRC they use the same heatshield arrangement as the standard system, so it may look like it has a cat, but in actual fact there isn't one under the heatshield.

Most of the other rear box options will fit i.e ScoobySport, Magnex, TSL, Afterburner etc..etc... the only ones that may not are things like blitz, HKS etc..etc... as some of these use a sleeve joint instead of a flange joint.

Cheers Scott,

So a backbox with a flange joint is what I need (unless I replace centre as well)....?