Urgent Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2005, 12:53 AM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Urgent Advice Needed

Basically i asked a local Rolling Road garage if they could Supply and fit
and map a Unichp to my 93 WRX. he told yes and would get me a price a couple of days later he Quoted me a superb price of £200+vat

So i knew it is a huge saving. and booked it in.

Since i got the car back it was cutting out, the rev counter would drop to 0 then it would come back and the car would start to pop and bang and misfire something awefull.

I tried to look for the problem and was checking for loose connections and i pulled up the carped and removed the Plate covering the ecu, only to discover their was No sign of a Unichip box. instead i have found a small item with a small adjuster screw and possibly a few resistors or similar (Not certain what they are as they are all covered by some heatshrink) from this their are four wires Red (Live) Black (Ground) cannot remember the colour of the other two wires but they connect to either end of a wire that has been cut on the ecu wiring..
To me this looks like it could be a Fuel cut Raiser and not a Chip.
I removed the cover on the Ecu to check if a chip had been fitted inside and Resistor J1 cut. But it has not been done.

Now the MBC has been adjusted to 17Psi I got a horible feeling that the problems i am getting is the car not getting enough Fuel to cope with the extra boost.

I am sure with the correct Fuelling and Ignition timing the car can take the 17 Psi with no problems.
But i just think i have been ripped off by the garage.

The Mods i have on the car are.

Blitz Induction Kit
Blitz Atmospheric BOV
Apexi Front Mount Intercooler Kit
XS Power Up- Pipe, Hks Open Neck Down Pipe, Scorpion Decat centre Section Afterburner Vortex Rear box
Apexi Safc
Manual Boost controller
FSE Boost Valve
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump

Someone please tell me does what i have described sound like a Unichip or a Fuel cut defender? And what should i do about it?

I need to go back tomorrow. as the chip was only done on friday and when i went back sat He told me he would need to look at the live data and see what the problem is as it is more than likely some knackered sensors.
Which No ecu fault is showing so i tried to check wiring plugs.

Oh yea the connectors he used on the so called chip is scotchlocks for the + & - and bullet connectors for the other two.

Many Thanks
Derek Clarke
Old 30 August 2005, 10:29 AM
Broxi
Scooby Regular

ttt
Old 30 August 2005, 11:31 AM
Olly Powers
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

I would say you don't have a Unichip, it sounds like a bleed valve.
The Unichip should look like this......