Notices

bug eye powerless!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2005, 09:52 PM
tatty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bug eye powerless!!!

Has anyone had their bug eye scooby de-catted with hayward and scott (inc up pipe)? If so was there a massive power increase? As my scooby is gutless. It boosts to 13psi(making me think turbo is ok) but doesn't pin you to the seat, it's like the timming is retarded!! Anyone had a simmilar prob so they can share with me as warranty is close to running out.
Any help or advice much thanked

Many thanks
Martin (tatty)
Old 08 August 2005, 04:12 PM
JonathanC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tatty
Has anyone had their bug eye scooby de-catted with hayward and scott (inc up pipe)? If so was there a massive power increase? As my scooby is gutless. It boosts to 13psi(making me think turbo is ok) but doesn't pin you to the seat, it's like the timming is retarded!! Anyone had a simmilar prob so they can share with me as warranty is close to running out.
Any help or advice much thanked

Many thanks
Martin (tatty)
Hi Martin

I have a bugeye and feel the same way as you. Thre was a long thread regarding the perceived lack of performance of a bugeye compared to a blobeye - there should be minimal difference based on power and weight (blobs have about an extra 7hp - not enough to really notice). One suggestion was that Blobeyes don't have a cat in the up pipe whereas bugeyes do - perhaps it is worth chaning that first and seeing if it makes a difference.
If you do go the full de-cat route then it would be advisable to get a remap as well to ensure correct fuelling etc for the change in exhaust back presure and potentially increased boost,

Jonathan