Heater matrix

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2005, 08:42 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Heater matrix

Hi all,

iv'e already searched the posts and im convinced my heater marix is bust ( steam out of the vents, smell of coolant etc) it only happened last night and i seam to be managing ok with it so far, but it will need changing. I think i will change this out myself im sure i can get the dash out etc.

Where is the best place to buy a matrix? Should i look at used ones? How much are they new?

any advise appriciated

Dale
Old 03 August 2005, 11:33 AM
scooby_99turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D6ale
Hi all,

iv'e already searched the posts and im convinced my heater marix is bust ( steam out of the vents, smell of coolant etc) it only happened last night and i seam to be managing ok with it so far, but it will need changing. I think i will change this out myself im sure i can get the dash out etc.

Where is the best place to buy a matrix? Should i look at used ones? How much are they new?

any advise appriciated

Dale
Hi Mate yep your matrix has gone caput...Mine did the same..anyway

New OUCH
Used expect anywhere from a scrappy £30+ to the Scoobyclinic £80 do your self a favour take your car to bits and have a look at yours first draw a diagram and take that around with you..There a few diff types just saves the hassle. Me and my bro did mine in about 3 1/2 - 4hrs..GOOD LUCK
Old 03 August 2005, 09:42 PM
DaveR
Scooby Regular

yes, exactly the same symptoms myself I'm afraid (MY02), and the matrix was replaced during the last month of my warranty (phew)

however what I would say as a piece of advice if you are still driving the car is not to stray too far from home --> you'll probably find it affects your car's ability to engine cool as well, and the water temp guage will shoot up, then down, then up, etc.......

also I found that the coolant vapour sinks and makes all your carpets and upholstery sticky and stinky for ages (had mine professionally valeted in the end it was so bad)

good luck
Old 04 August 2005, 07:52 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advise, im going to disconect the matrix from the loop tonight then see how i go from there, I havent had cahnce to do it yet and ive been managing to get around in it fine but cold as steam only comes out when i turn the dial to warm/hot everything is fine when i have it on cold. I dont want to take the risk of it getting worse so i'll disconnect it later. If i end up doing htis myself will i have to take the steering wheel and remove the dash from the car completly or will i be able to pull it back and work around it all still in the car?
Still uncertain of where to get replacement part for a decent price.