Coolant Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 12:11 PM
Alan wrx-sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Help!!!

Hi all,

Just had the coolant in my 96 sti changed by my local Subaru dealer as the level had droped quite a bit (i.e no water in the Header tank (I think thats what it's called) at all).

Subaru changed the coolant so I took the car for a good run last night left ever thing cool down checked the water level there was nothing in the tank, but fliud was comming out of the expansion tank on the right hand side near the battery, Toped up the water took back to subaru this morning they said there could be a air lock they check it gave me the car back, again I took it for another hard run and the same again all the water in the header tank had gone and there was water coming out of the expansion tank.

Again went back to Subaru they said it will "just the car find it's own level" can this be right?

I was and am hoping it could be something as simple as the radiator cap has got damaged some how and is not set the the right presure???

Any other people had this sort of problem, or got any advise?

cheers

Alan.
Old 13 July 2005, 12:17 PM
subaru swift
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow mate sorry to say but they might be right for once fingers croosed or one of the heads as gone ;-( sorry.... .