Notices

water spray

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2005, 07:52 PM
chris dt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water spray

i dont think my water spray on auto is working although it works on maual.has anyone any ideas as to why?all fuses ok in fuse box under bonnet.its a v4 type r.im stumped!!!!!!!
chris
Old 09 June 2005, 11:57 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

i dont think my water spray on auto is working although it works on maual.has anyone any ideas as to why?all fuses ok in fuse box under bonnet.its a v4 type r.im stumped!!!!!!!
chris

Doesn't having it on auto run through a pressure control switch, when you reach a set boost level it activates the waterspray. When using it on manual, you control the spray when desired. If in this case, could be the pressure switch that has failed. I have a waterspray on my version 1 Sti, but it is only manually operated.
Old 10 June 2005, 11:14 AM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy34
chris

Doesn't having it on auto run through a pressure control switch, when you reach a set boost level it activates the waterspray. When using it on manual, you control the spray when desired. If in this case, could be the pressure switch that has failed. I have a waterspray on my version 1 Sti, but it is only manually operated.
Think it also triggers on high inlet temps and revs.

On my STi 5, (I assume) the SVA people had plugged the wrong plug into the back of the switch (it should light up when on auto) - look behind the switch and there may be 2 connectors (both the same size) - may be worth swapping them round (as I did!)

Last edited by TonyFlow; 10 June 2005 at 11:15 AM. Reason: kos of mi kwalitie spelink
Old 10 June 2005, 12:07 PM
chris dt
Scooby Regular

as i thought.ill have to take the dash off to get to the switch.thanks for your advice.
chris
Originally Posted by TonyFlow

On my STi 5, (I assume) the SVA people had plugged the wrong plug into the back of the switch (it should light up when on auto) - look behind the switch and there may be 2 connectors (both the same size) - may be worth swapping them round (as I did!)
Old 10 June 2005, 05:23 PM
scoobyboy34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyFlow

I have the single switch that just says "I/C Water Spray" on it. Is this supposse to illuminate also?
Old 10 June 2005, 11:43 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

There are 2 switches on my Type R, Auto I/C Spray (which illuminates), and the manual I/C Spray button (which doesn't)