Notices

Coolant system............

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2005, 07:21 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Coolant system............

..........Is it possible to actually overfill the coolant system and cause it to overflow through the overflow pipe due to expansion?

OR

would this be more likely due to an airlock?

David ( API ) i'd appreciate your comments sir, and if you post on SIDC, the complete story is in the " strictly technical" section.

Thanx.

Si.
Old 19 April 2005, 09:51 AM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skoosh
..........Is it possible to actually overfill the coolant system and cause it to overflow through the overflow pipe due to expansion?

OR would this be more likely due to an airlock?

David ( API ) i'd appreciate your comments sir, and if you post on SIDC, the complete story is in the " strictly technical" section.

Thanx. Si.
You can't overfill - you've probably got an airlock in the heater matrix. Just keep refilling the header after it pumps some out and the level settles. It helps to squeeze the hoses here and there to try and ease the blockage, it may take a few minutes, but once settled it should be fine.

UNLESS of course you have blown head gaskets, in which case it'll keep on overflowing and pressurising.

Good Luck David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com
Old 19 April 2005, 05:43 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for reply David, I'll keep an eye out on coolant levels until friday and keep the travelling to absolute minimum.

Car's going back to garage on Friday for a couple of pressure tests, we'll see what happens.

No leak today on either journey, but overflow bottle level is normal but FROTHY..............!!

I take it that you were able to read full story on SIDC.........?

Si.
Old 20 April 2005, 12:07 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skoosh
Cheers for reply David, I'll keep an eye out on coolant levels until friday and keep the travelling to absolute minimum.

Car's going back to garage on Friday for a couple of pressure tests, we'll see what happens.

No leak today on either journey, but overflow bottle level is normal but FROTHY..............!!

I take it that you were able to read full story on SIDC.........?

Si.
No, I didn't get on SIDC Simon De B would kill me if I went anywhere else but Scoobynet !!

Froth is not good unless someone has put some radflush or similar in the system.

David APi Engines / APi Impreza
www.apiengines.com