Notices

exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2005, 02:07 PM
CELICA-ANDY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help

After popping to Ace Cafe last night I have decided to replace the exhaust on my standard MY00 impreza, the dilema is which one do I go for, there are so many around, basically I want to bring out the lovely rumble these cars have but not too loud to annoy the neighbours, I wouldn't mind have a bit of power increase but I also want it to pass its MOT.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Andy
Old 06 April 2005, 02:34 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMO andy, the hayward & scott is a good sound without being to loud, best bet really is to go along to a meet & have a listen at various variants of exhaust.

I didnt want a massive exit pipe for my car, which the std H&S isnt. But i did want a box slightly louder than say a magnex of similar design.

HTH
Andy
Old 06 April 2005, 02:47 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Just had my Scooyworld Ninja fitted.

Sounds great! Not too loud on tick-over. Sounds great when getting the power down but not loud at motorway speeds.

I regularly travel 20 miles doen the M1 to see the other half so I didn't want a headache when I arrived. If you listen you can hear it...but it's far from loud..just sounds great!

Exit is 4.5" which sounds pretty large! When I first saw it out of the box I thought "oh dear"

But it's not too bad on the car IMO...but it is noticable!

Edit:....er....okay, it DOES look pretty big there. But it's not too bad in the flash!
Old 06 April 2005, 02:51 PM
CELICA-ANDY
Scooby Regular

thats looks nice, I will look into that. I use to have a celica (hence the name) and had just a back box on that and man did it get annoying after a while. I do a 50 mile round trip to work everyday and dont want the same happening with my impreza.
Old 06 April 2005, 02:57 PM
maci
Scooby Regular

anybody knows good/bads about the scoobysport system ?
I think their back box is not too loud.
Old 06 April 2005, 02:59 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CELICA-ANDY
thats looks nice, I will look into that. I use to have a celica (hence the name) and had just a back box on that and man did it get annoying after a while. I do a 50 mile round trip to work everyday and dont want the same happening with my impreza.
I downloaded the sound file of the Ninja etc from Scoobyworld's website to get a rough idea.

But like Andy McCord says, if you really want to know you need to hear it for yourself at a meet.

Like I say, I like it and it isn't too loud on a journey. You know it's there, but it isn't annoying. You will get more Chav attention though as you drive past them!
Old 06 April 2005, 04:37 PM
CELICA-ANDY
Scooby Regular

that is a downside, its a shame scoobies have that image, they are damn fine cars ruined by the reputation although it didn't put me off. (im not a chav by the way)