Notices

Missing lambda connection/ ecu

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2005, 03:30 PM
04bradders
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lambda connection/ fault code 33?

Hi All,

Newbie again! I have a couple of issues with my93 WRX. First is the lambda connection itself. I can see the lambda in the downpipe and the 3 wires coming off it which end up in a plug, however the plug is not connected to anything! Might explain my high fuel consumption??? Anyway, I don't suppose anyone out there knows where the other end of this connection would be?

Also my CEL has made an appearance and I have diagnosed fault code 33 (speed sensor). Can anyone tell me where this is/ what could be the real problem? Speedo head is also broken so not sure if this is related? Help and wisdom much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by 04bradders; 25 February 2005 at 07:24 PM. Reason: When it rains...
Old 24 February 2005, 11:31 PM
Karlos102
Scooby Regular

Smile overheat sensor

I thought the lamba sensor was in the headers ...not the downpipe

Far as i know that one you are on about is the cat overheat sensor..which does not matter if connect or not.

I maybe wrong but thats whats on my 96 wrx.

Originally Posted by 04bradders
Hi All,

I have a couple of issues with my93 WRX. First is the lambda connection itself. I can see the lambda in the downpipe and the wires coming off it which end up in a plug, however the plug is not connected to anything! Might explain my high fuel consumption??? Anyway, I don't suppose anyone out there knows where the other end of this connection would be?

Not sure if this is relevant but I have been told that I have a decat pipe fitted? Help and wisdom much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 25 February 2005, 08:41 AM
scoobymods
Scooby Regular

the lamba plug on the classic scoob is about 4" after the turbo in the down pipe!
the plug has 3 wire's and there is another plug lurking around that area that i connects to , have a look under the intercooler near the gear box bell housing
Old 25 February 2005, 05:32 PM
04bradders
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scoobymods
the lamba plug on the classic scoob is about 4" after the turbo in the down pipe!
the plug has 3 wire's and there is another plug lurking around that area that i connects to , have a look under the intercooler near the gear box bell housing
Will do and will let you know, thanks!
Old 27 February 2005, 06:20 PM
04bradders
Scooby Newbie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by scoobymods
Thank you for the tip. I have managed to find a 'stray' wire which seems to connect to the gear box housing but to nothing else??? The end is taped up and it almost seems to be a perfect fit (if it had a plastic connector on the end)... is this the one?! Thanks for your help again.
Old 27 February 2005, 07:55 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Scoobymods, on older WRX's the lambda is in the exhaust headers, not in the downpipe.

Look under the drivers side bumper and you will see it sticking out the headers.

If you can take a pic of what you're looking it it might help. Has the downpipe been changed for a decat one? What does the plug connector in the DP look like? The lambda one is quite chunky and has 3 spade connectors inside it.

The cat on fire sensor is much smaller and the connector is also quite small.

With regard to the speed sensor, not sure but do a search.

MB
Old 03 March 2005, 10:26 PM
04bradders
Scooby Newbie

I can't post a picture but can mail it, if you don't mind?

Still looking for that connection!