Notices

speedo mileage correction, cable type

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2005, 09:01 PM
Nick_o_Teen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speedo mileage correction, cable type

Is it possible to correct the mileage on a cable type speedo as I have just got a second hand unit but it reads 70k more than my unit. Anyone now how to go about this. I don't think this is illegal as there are plenty of places on the internet who can do this service for a price, it can't be that hard to do. Has anyone been successful in doing it them selves, and could pass on the how to details to me.
Cheers.
Old 02 February 2005, 10:42 AM
yungjamie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick_o_Teen
Is it possible to correct the mileage on a cable type speedo as I have just got a second hand unit but it reads 70k more than my unit. Anyone now how to go about this. I don't think this is illegal as there are plenty of places on the internet who can do this service for a price, it can't be that hard to do. Has anyone been successful in doing it them selves, and could pass on the how to details to me.
Cheers.

I have had my problems with speedo on my95wrx. Guy who sva'd the car put a delimiter on and turned the speedo back to read mph. It stuck shortly after on 69,999. Speedo still works up to 40mph and stays there, comes back to zero when stopped. So i dunno about turning them back but saying that the guy who did the sva was a dipstick. If I get any joy,will let you know. If you get any can you let me know. 01803 844210. Cheers Jamie.