Notices

Rear seat rattle

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2005, 08:53 AM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seat rattle

I have an annoying rattle on my rear seat, on the top of the rear panel on the passenger side. I suspect it is just a loose bolt, but does anyone have any steps/pictures on how to remove the rear seat to sort this out? I cannot see where to start.

Its an STi 8 by the way.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:37 AM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

The seat section is held with just 2 bolts, you can see one at the top of each footwell, 10mm I think, its then 'hooked' in to the backrest part of the seat in the centre, stick your hand between the 2 parts of the seat below the arm rest and you will feel that bracket, just move the seat base to unhook..
Lift out the lower squab and you will see a few bolts holding the back, they are all at the bottom, its then just clipped over a couple of brackets at the top.. pretty quick job.
Old 31 January 2005, 02:45 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BrynO
The seat section is held with just 2 bolts, you can see one at the top of each footwell, 10mm I think, its then 'hooked' in to the backrest part of the seat in the centre, stick your hand between the 2 parts of the seat below the arm rest and you will feel that bracket, just move the seat base to unhook..
Lift out the lower squab and you will see a few bolts holding the back, they are all at the bottom, its then just clipped over a couple of brackets at the top.. pretty quick job.
Thanks for response. If it is just hung off some brackets at the top then it sounds like it has come off one of the brackets. Just need to take it off and re-fit it properly.