Notices

ROCK SOLID CLUTCH PEDAL???? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2005, 12:24 PM
met
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROCK SOLID CLUTCH PEDAL???? HELP

please can anyone help, mu uk classic turbo had a total mental clutch moment, its always had a bit of travel before engaging/dissengaging but today in trafic i heard/felt it click & the pedal went proper rock hard & the clutch was biting at the very top of the travel, then about 10mins later it sort of clicked again & returned to its normal state of sloppyness???????? any ideas anyone please??????
ta
Old 14 January 2005, 01:02 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pedal jammed in the pedal box area above your foot?

either that or something jammed in the clutch cylinder..

I am guess though..
Old 14 January 2005, 09:34 PM
Mike P
Scooby Regular

The connection between the pedal and the master clutch cylinder is a threaded shaft locked down by a 12mm nut. Release the nut and rotate the shaft until you start to feel some (a little) free play in the pedal. That should stop this happening again.

Can't remember if you should rotate it clockwise or anti cw. Had one too many cocktails this evening. Hic

This was the advice I received after having the master cylinder replaced on my Scoob, if the lockup problem ever occured.
Old 14 January 2005, 10:09 PM
met
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike P
The connection between the pedal and the master clutch cylinder is a threaded shaft locked down by a 12mm nut. Release the nut and rotate the shaft until you start to feel some (a little) free play in the pedal. That should stop this happening again.

Can't remember if you should rotate it clockwise or anti cw. Had one too many cocktails this evening. Hic

This was the advice I received after having the master cylinder replaced on my Scoob, if the lockup problem ever occured.
cheers, the master cylinder was replaced but that was about 2yrs ago? ill give it a go but it has now returned to normal again? very odd. where can i locate this shaft? is it literally of the back of the pedal
thanks