Kingpin GT35R Bolt on Kit 513WHP 475 FTLBS

Search this Thread

Old 12 January 2005, 11:20 AM
KINGPIN
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingpin GT35R Bolt on Kit 513WHP 475 FTLBS

Here are the graphs.

First up is pump gas 91 octane fuel. Ran around 22 psi to get 420whp. I feel I can get 450 on pump going to more boost but we decided to stop. The goal on pump gas was 400whp with a safe tune. This guy got 420whp on a safe tune...

Next we tuned the car on Trick race fuel. The customer wanted us to tune on this gas as thats what he can get in his home town. The car made 440whp. Here is one of the graphs. This was around 25 psi. Again. Safe tune for him play with. I do not like this fuel for the record.

Next up was VP C16 tune. This is a drag race map and believe it or not its real safe. Timing and fuel are very safe on this tune. Boost was at 30 psi on this run. AVCR read 2.02 on the peak. I really think there was 540-550whp in this setup but the owner stopped us here. Its a safe tune with over 600 crank hp which is TWICE what the car came with.. He was happy. He wanted 475. We gave him 513.

The FMIC... Lots of questions about it. Garret rates this core at 1000 hp. It never got hot guys.. Pull after pull the heat gun read Ambient temp on the outlet.. Thats right.. Ambient temp. Input was 147 on the inlet tank and the output tank was ambient. From the top row to the bottom there was a 2 degrees difference in temp. We are leaving this IC alone. Its OVERKILL. If you really want it you can get the 1500hp rated core that is 4.5 inches thick for additional cost. Its simply NOT needed though. Charge pipes where cold on the outlet side to the TB. Cold...

There is lots of information about this car in the 2.5 forum but for those that do not know here are the specs:

Stock 2005 STI with 4k miles.
Kingpin GT35R turbo kit. .82 AR housing. T04S compressor.
Tial 44mm gate.
Kingpin 1000hp FMIC
Perrin intake
PE 850 CC injectors
Utec with OLF
Apexi AVCR boost controller
Greddy EVO2 cat back
Perrin fuel rails
Walbro pumps
HKS BOV
Omori gauges

Thats it.. its a stock motor and its never been out of the car. Trans is stock. Clutch is stock. Only the wheel and tires where changed on the car.

Next week we tune the Kingpin GT3040 kit on a JDM 2.0. Should be exciting. Stay tuned.

I want to thank everyone involved. TXS for sending the new Utec overnight and for answering questions and Arizona Dyno chip for all the help on the project and to Aaron for being such a good sport and a model customer. Never once did this guy complain about anything. It was a real treat working with him. All of us at Kingpin are real pleased with this setup. Its been alot of work and we have all worked hard. I knew Mike and I could pull the power out in tuning but choosing parts and designing this kit was a real challenge and alot of research.

Clark
Old 12 January 2005, 04:11 PM
carlos_hiraoka
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KINGPIN
Here are the graphs.

First up is pump gas 91 octane fuel. Ran around 22 psi to get 420whp. I feel I can get 450 on pump going to more boost but we decided to stop. The goal on pump gas was 400whp with a safe tune. This guy got 420whp on a safe tune...

Next we tuned the car on Trick race fuel. The customer wanted us to tune on this gas as thats what he can get in his home town. The car made 440whp. Here is one of the graphs. This was around 25 psi. Again. Safe tune for him play with. I do not like this fuel for the record.

Next up was VP C16 tune. This is a drag race map and believe it or not its real safe. Timing and fuel are very safe on this tune. Boost was at 30 psi on this run. AVCR read 2.02 on the peak. I really think there was 540-550whp in this setup but the owner stopped us here. Its a safe tune with over 600 crank hp which is TWICE what the car came with.. He was happy. He wanted 475. We gave him 513.

The FMIC... Lots of questions about it. Garret rates this core at 1000 hp. It never got hot guys.. Pull after pull the heat gun read Ambient temp on the outlet.. Thats right.. Ambient temp. Input was 147 on the inlet tank and the output tank was ambient. From the top row to the bottom there was a 2 degrees difference in temp. We are leaving this IC alone. Its OVERKILL. If you really want it you can get the 1500hp rated core that is 4.5 inches thick for additional cost. Its simply NOT needed though. Charge pipes where cold on the outlet side to the TB. Cold...

There is lots of information about this car in the 2.5 forum but for those that do not know here are the specs:

Stock 2005 STI with 4k miles.
Kingpin GT35R turbo kit. .82 AR housing. T04S compressor.
Tial 44mm gate.
Kingpin 1000hp FMIC
Perrin intake
PE 850 CC injectors
Utec with OLF
Apexi AVCR boost controller
Greddy EVO2 cat back
Perrin fuel rails
Walbro pumps
HKS BOV
Omori gauges

Thats it.. its a stock motor and its never been out of the car. Trans is stock. Clutch is stock. Only the wheel and tires where changed on the car.

Next week we tune the Kingpin GT3040 kit on a JDM 2.0. Should be exciting. Stay tuned.

I want to thank everyone involved. TXS for sending the new Utec overnight and for answering questions and Arizona Dyno chip for all the help on the project and to Aaron for being such a good sport and a model customer. Never once did this guy complain about anything. It was a real treat working with him. All of us at Kingpin are real pleased with this setup. Its been alot of work and we have all worked hard. I knew Mike and I could pull the power out in tuning but choosing parts and designing this kit was a real challenge and alot of research.

Clark
Clark could u post this on:

http://bbs.22b.com
Old 12 January 2005, 04:53 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a link to pics of the car would be nice too.
Old 12 January 2005, 05:26 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clark, do you have a kit that will do right hand drive vehicles?