HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2004, 02:51 PM
Tak
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

MY96 UK Turbo refusing to start.
Initial symptoms, running perfect till i stopped off to go into a shop. On my return, started 1st time but stalled after 30 seconds, after which it hesitatingly started but revs were low (around 5-600) & wouldnt respond to any throttle. Got it home & left it 4 the nite. Started 1st time next morning, ran slightly rough all day & then same problem presented itself again. Called RAC but the guy they sent out was as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!
Now the cars parked outside my house but condition seems 2 have worsened, wont even fire up at all now. Is it possible the MAF sensors had its day? I had an induction kit & dump valve fitted 500 miles ago if that helps.
Old 22 December 2004, 04:52 PM
whitsteruk1
Scooby Regular

Exactly the same symptoms as MY01 WRX, it's just packed up one minute then fine the next. It's cropped up with a load of codes,Crankshaft Sensor, Wastegate Solenoid etc, but the first thing the dealership is going to do is stick a new MAF on for £300, they informed me that, that could well be the cause and the other codes are just a knock on effect. So instead of waiting to get in, I've sourced one from a breakers in Derby for £99 and am just waiting to get it fitted, will reset the ECU and see what happens, will let you know if it helps
Old 22 December 2004, 05:01 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£300

looked on the net for these an Amarican firm are selling them for $70 (dont know if its the same spec as used on UK cars) but with the exchange rate at the mo it works out at about £30 ish

so whats goin on?????
Old 23 December 2004, 11:36 AM
Tak
Scooby Regular

any chance of posting the link?