Notices

Low rev diffrence...?????

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2004, 09:51 PM
WRX STI Type RA.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low rev diffrence...?????

A friend of mine has a wrx type uk 1997 vintage,With a 31/4" stainless and de-catted system,Induction kit with K & N Filter,and loads more bitz and bobs.....And i turned the car around for him the other day...His car felt to have a hell of a push at only 1000-1200rpm`s ...Where my STI type RA seems to be slightly higher(Say 1300-1500rpm)with the same urgency.....Will this be becouse of his induction kit and more freeflowing air filter..(Mine has standard pannel filter)...??????
It just seemed very urgent on this partial throttle opening on his car for some reason....?????
Old 17 November 2004, 10:12 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a WRX or a UK car? If it's a UK car they are likely to have shorter duration cams than your RA which would give smoother idle and slightly crisper low end, at the expense of losses at higher rpm.

Also if your mates car has a decat downpipe, that also makes a significant difference to the low end of the car (whole RPM range reall, but most noticable low down).

Or your engine could be knackered!

Paul

Last edited by Pavlo; 17 November 2004 at 10:17 PM. Reason: downpipe info
Old 17 November 2004, 11:34 PM
WRX STI Type RA.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pavlo
Is it a WRX or a UK car? If it's a UK car they are likely to have shorter duration cams than your RA which would give smoother idle and slightly crisper low end, at the expense of losses at higher rpm.

Also if your mates car has a decat downpipe, that also makes a significant difference to the low end of the car (whole RPM range reall, but most noticable low down).

Or your engine could be knackered!

Paul
Cheers Pavlo-Its a uk-turbo...And a full decat downpipe & system....I have no blow by or problems with my motor..Yanks my neck off on acceloration....?????