Hesitation problem

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 11:47 PM
DAP
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hesitation problem

Hi,

Here's a question I wanted to throw out there see if anyone else has this problem.

I have a STI5 Type RA and it seems to have a very slight Hesitation problem. Under full throttle I find that just as I pass through 6900 to 7000 RPM there is a slight hesitation for just a second and then the engine picks up again and carries on. It is almost a slight drop in power for just a second. Its hard to describe but I hope this makes sense?

Any ideas?

Cheers

D
Old 10 November 2004, 02:46 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Sounds very MAF-like to me. A hesitation could be a good dollop of det due to a lean AFR. Or it could be an intermittent boost problem due to a dirty wastegate solenoid. I don't suppose you have a Knocklink, boost gauge, AFR gauge do you? An active Knocklink would obviously indicate something goin' on. The boost gauge would tell you if the boost is constant, and the AFR gauge would tell you if the AFR is lean at the point of hesitation.

Also, what fuel are you using in it?
Old 11 November 2004, 03:37 PM
ashackle
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DAP
Hi,

Here's a question I wanted to throw out there see if anyone else has this problem.

I have a STI5 Type RA and it seems to have a very slight Hesitation problem. Under full throttle I find that just as I pass through 6900 to 7000 RPM there is a slight hesitation for just a second and then the engine picks up again and carries on. It is almost a slight drop in power for just a second. Its hard to describe but I hope this makes sense?

Any ideas?

Cheers

D
Check your spark plugs, my 2001 wrx was doing this until they were changed and the ecu reset.