Notices

lets just say....

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2004, 09:22 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lets just say....

A little bit of plastic has managed to make its way in through my induction pipe and I can only assume into the turbo. The plastic bit was about 1cm squared and about 2mm high.

I am not getting any boost out of the car now so I can only assume its damaged the turbo. Is this possible ?

What will have happened to the bit of plastic ? Will it has been smashed into small pieces or will it manage to travel into my engine ?

Apart from the turbo being damaged is this going to cause a problem ?

Thanks
Old 01 October 2004, 10:02 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Wink turbo?

can you strip the induction down so you can see if the turbo vanes have been damaged? it will obvious if you have knocked off any vanes on the compressor side,

if your turbo is knackerd give me a pm as i have a spare td 05 if you need one from my classic days, and it wont be a fortune to buy,

though if you have lost blades from your turbo, where have they gone?

best speak to sombody who knows more than me, i.e andy forrest!!

cheers robin.
Old 01 October 2004, 10:08 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robinH20MRV
can you strip the induction down so you can see if the turbo vanes have been damaged? it will obvious if you have knocked off any vanes on the compressor side,

if your turbo is knackerd give me a pm as i have a spare td 05 if you need one from my classic days, and it wont be a fortune to buy,

though if you have lost blades from your turbo, where have they gone?

best speak to sombody who knows more than me, i.e andy forrest!!

cheers robin.
Hi m8

thanks for the offer of the TD05, I actually have a spare though.

do you know if Andy F is back from his hols yet ?

what do you think will have happened to the bit of plastic ?

ta
Old 01 October 2004, 11:02 PM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Default hi

i think he is back now or very soon, i will give him a call tomorrow and find out, i dont have his number here at home,

i would think the plastic if small enough will just have shot through the system and is now a cinder in the exaust system! fingers crossed

are you near edinburgh? if so bring it to jvs ( www.powervehicles.com)tomorrow and we will have a wee look if you want?

cheers robin.
Old 01 October 2004, 11:36 PM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by robinH20MRV
i think he is back now or very soon, i will give him a call tomorrow and find out, i dont have his number here at home,

i would think the plastic if small enough will just have shot through the system and is now a cinder in the exaust system! fingers crossed

are you near edinburgh? if so bring it to jvs ( www.powervehicles.com)tomorrow and we will have a wee look if you want?

cheers robin.
thanks for the offer m8 really appreciate it, but I live in Dundee and its not really in a drivable condition especially the 50 odd miles. Do you do repairs to cars too like ?

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=366897

Did you sell this car to a guy in Dundee ? I seen it in an add in a car magazine and then on your site. Really liked it and pretty sure I seen a guy in it in Dundee the other day ?

http://www.powervehicles.com/cars/in...mod_orange.htm
Old 02 October 2004, 12:15 AM
Delboy2
Scooby Regular

The plastic bit was about 1cm squared and about 2mm high
If a piece of plastic that size entered the inlet tract whilst the turbo was compressing/boosting the inlet compressor would be rotating @ around 80,000 RPM + causing imminent damage resulting in a lunched compressor.

Cheers