P1 hot start idle question

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2004, 09:52 AM
scoobymoo
Scooby Regular

Location: was the drivers seat of Richard Burns's P1 now in a boxster S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P1 hot start idle question

I've recently noticed that my P1 when started hot, for example 1/2 an hour after a long run, idles really low <300 revs, nearly stalling. As soon as you move the car it settles down at its normal idle point of 700 revs. The idle is rock steady under all other conditions ie slow traffic etc and from a cold start its fine. I've just had the MAF replaced and an STI airfilter put in as the previous owner had an ITG filter in it and it had gunked up the MAF(idle was all over the place). They checked the lambda on the select moniter at the same time and said it was fine. Any ideas? Or am I worrying needlessly, in all other respects the car is running superbly and it just flys since the new airfilter was put in.
Old 24 October 2005, 03:38 PM
scooby_mania_yeah
Scooby Regular

Im having this problem too, Any ideas ????

Originally Posted by scoobymoo
I've recently noticed that my P1 when started hot, for example 1/2 an hour after a long run, idles really low <300 revs, nearly stalling. As soon as you move the car it settles down at its normal idle point of 700 revs. The idle is rock steady under all other conditions ie slow traffic etc and from a cold start its fine. I've just had the MAF replaced and an STI airfilter put in as the previous owner had an ITG filter in it and it had gunked up the MAF(idle was all over the place). They checked the lambda on the select moniter at the same time and said it was fine. Any ideas? Or am I worrying needlessly, in all other respects the car is running superbly and it just flys since the new airfilter was put in.
Old 24 October 2005, 05:17 PM
ANDY T MILLERS
Scooby Regular

i had this trouble with my p1 in the summer, i changed the maf and the revs dropped to nearly stall took it to subaru and the cleaned the STEPPER MOTOR it's now solved hope this helps