Notices

Refitting Recirculating Dump Valve

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2004, 04:16 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Refitting Recirculating Dump Valve

I'd be grateful for some help - I've currently got an HKS SSQV fitted and am replacing it with a Forge recirculating dump valve. Can anybody help me out with the following queries?:

1. I know that the recirculating DV fits on to the front of the (top mounted) intercooler, but do I need to obtain a gasket to go between the intercooler and the Dump Valve and then use some sort of sealing compound on it?

2. I can see where to attach the slim vacuum hose (to the top of the dump valve) and I can also see that it's pretty obvious that the large exit trumpet get's connected to a large diameter hose (which is currently connected to the SSQV - but this hose obviously then just vents to atmosphere after air has passed through the SSQV) but what do I do with the other end of that hose? Am I supposed to reconnect this to something, or insert a bung? Would be really grateful for a picture (the ones on the other threads don't show this larger pipe - a piccy of the standard OE item installed would be just as useful.

Have searched the forums but so far haven't found a thread which discusses how to change a VTA to recirculating and I've got no idea what it's supposed to look like as original.

Thanks for any advice provided!
Old 19 July 2004, 04:38 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might help mate if you post up your My Year ??
Old 19 July 2004, 04:46 PM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a P1 - MY 99/00. And has the standard TMIC.

Cheers!
Old 19 July 2004, 05:09 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a MY00 with exactly the same setup D/V - I'll take a photo for you when I get home and post it up This should give you an idea where everything goes

the Dump valve has got a very thin gasket too - a bit of silicone would do the trick I reckon otherwise contact someone like Grade A - I would imagine it would be pence to buy one

Just out of interest why are you removing the HKS ??