Notices

tsl

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2004, 09:09 PM
edmy716
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tsl

just booked my car in with tsl for mapping just wondering if i anyone has had theres done there and if they r any good?
Old 06 July 2004, 10:18 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

Default TSL Mapping

Yes, had MY99 UK done a few months ago (TSL full decat exhaust on car also from 18mths earlier). I already had a ECUTEK remap from John Banks (sent as an exchange unit with my original ECU by post - plug n play so to speak) and fairly conservative for safety. John no longer offers this though AFAIK.
TSL spent around 2-3hrs remapping the car on the road, and then drove the car with myself as a passenger and Richard (their "mapper") monitoring, then swapped around to let me drive, to make sure I was happy with the work.
If you are going from a standard OEM map to ECUTEK 3 with decat exhaust you will notice a good inprovement - particularly in mid-range torque.
The change for me from the postal re-map to TSL remap was more marginal, but definatley noticeable, particularly mid-range again. I have noticed a slight improvement in fuel economy since the TSL map. Surprising(for me) but true!!
I have a boost gauge fitted ever since the 1st map (over a year ago now - peak boost around 1.27Bar) and knocklink to monitor for any detonation issues - though some would say this is not absolutely required on a UK car , even with remap, but opinions seem to vary - for £100ish I fitted the knocklink to be more cautious.(I have had 2 MAF air flow sensors fail over 3yrs with standard and panel filters, so hopefully knocklink may pick something up if car was running lean). Also have PSI SECS unit fitted to monitor ECU parameters with kit that measures oil pressure and temperature.

Impressed with TSL ever since I first used them for servicing and parts 2 years ago. Fantastic,friendly and knowledgeable service.
Cannot see any reason not to go for it (only warranty issue, but my warranty expired over 2 years ago, so not an issue)

Hope this helps, I am sure others on here can provide more info.

Graham
Old 07 July 2004, 05:47 AM
DJ WATTS
Scooby Regular

Im wanting to get my car re-mapped soon by TSL but the initial cost of the £600+ to license to do the work is making me save hard...

Incidently if i have delta dash software installed in my car can i skip the initial cost as i have a sort of license with the delta dash..?

BTW: Heard TSL are one of the best buddy.
Old 07 July 2004, 07:42 AM
edmy716
Scooby Regular

thanks guys. just one thing the guys a tsl said i wouldnt b producing more than a 1bar but ur sayin nearly 1.3??
Old 07 July 2004, 04:00 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Talking

tsl are spot on and mapped my uk sti to make it more powerful and much more driveable,the difference between prodrive and richard's map is like chalk and cheese
martin-another happy customer
Old 07 July 2004, 11:32 PM
scoobytravis
Scooby Regular

edmy 716: Yes definately seeing a PEAK value of 1.27 Bar on my PSI SECS unit and just over 17.5PSI on boost gauge, which drops off slightly if boost is held at WOT (Wide open throttle) in 5th to just over 1Bar.(John Banks postal map gave similar values, TSL improvement is in the way it is delivered, and I have found better boost control on WOT since TSL map).
Also reccomended is replacing the intercooler hoses with Samco silicone hoses, as I am told that the OEM Subaru items can split if boost is increased. (Particularly the Y-shaped hose beneth the intercooler). Easy job to fit yourself, just 2 bolts and a few hose clips and the intercoolers off.

Perhaps this sustained/held boost value is what TSL are referring to. Also, do you have decat exhaust, as TEK3 boost/power will be higher with less backpressure/unrestricted exhaust?

Hope this helps

Graham