exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2004, 10:27 PM
carlegacy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

hi all,
need help i have a legacy turbo and i need the exhaust piece that comes from the back of the turbo.the square ish shaped bit sorry dont know how else to describe it.its to fit a stock legacy turbo vf10 i think looks the same as a td04 so was wondering will the classic impreza exhaust piece fit.
please help i want to get the car back on the road this weekend or middle of next week at the latest.
Old 01 July 2004, 10:27 AM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Location: from the planet Omicron Persei 8. What is this emotion "Wuv" you puny Earthlings speak of ??
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you require the bit that goes up underneath the turbo form the front of the car - the up pipe.

Or do you mean the big bit of exhaust that exits the turbo at the back , close to the bulk head and drops down under the car and heading towards the middle section and back box ?? - The downpipe.

The standard classic impreza ones fit either way. Later Impreza up pipes had cats in em so dont go there.

All standard Impreza and Leggy Turbo down pipes had a big / heavy cat in em. They are totlay inter changeable. Wrexes had a cat temp sensor in the lower part of the down pipe. that would need blocking with a plug or bolt etc.

Try HDC if your stuck for bits, Howard knows his $hit and his prices are good.

Ste.

P.S. plenty of performance down pipes on the market that get shot of the heavy / restrictive cat and give great performance increases.