Notices

Actuator Problem ??

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2004, 09:48 AM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actuator Problem ??

My Scoob has felt like it isn't boosting up correctly of late. The Gauge whilst showing max PSI at 16 seems to point to the correct amount of pressure.

However I have read that a loose actuator can cause problems amongst other things. So with this in mind I want to start with the cheapest option first and move up. So can anyone tell me how to check the wastegate/actuator ?? I did grab the actuator rod yesterday (at the actuator end) and I can wiggle it from side to side ?? There seems to be a bit of play in it - is this correct ??

Sorry for being a bit naive guys but this is something I haven't played about with before

Any advice would be very welcome
Old 27 June 2004, 11:02 AM
SiHethers
Scooby Regular

NelsonUK

Is the problem that it is spooling later? What boost control are you using? If you are still using standard boost control (ie via the ecu with standard boost solenoid) try cleaning the boost solenoid with brake cleaner. The solenoid can sometimes stick open slowing spool up, or causing eratic boost control.

Simon
Old 27 June 2004, 08:02 PM
NelsonUK
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your reply I have cleaned the boost solenoid withthe suggested technique and problem still occurs. As I say I am interested in knowing whether others have movement in their actuator arm ?? Cos mine can be wiggled from side to side not much but there is definitely play