Notices

P1 engine mods?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2004, 12:09 AM
SimonH
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question P1 engine mods?

Just pondering various options at the moment; on the one hand I'm considering selling my P1 and getting something that doesn't creak and rattle inside but on the other I really like the car and don't want to part with it!

If I stick with it, what can I do, upgrade wise, to the engine to give a chance of seeing another 20K miles without it going Cadburys on me like most P1 engines seem to do!

I've had it decatted (eek!) but Tek3 remapped by BRD. I have a knocklink, lambdalink, oil temp, oil press and boost gauges and SECS monitor, walbro pump and FSE reg.
If was to try and wring more power from it (bigger turbo, injectors, FMIC, etc) is there anything else I should consider? Change the pistons/rods/etc? Oil cooler? I guess I'll need a better clutch too.....

Or maybe I should just cut my losses and get that Type25......arrrrrrggggh....
Old 11 June 2004, 09:37 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You seem to have a nice set of mods (sensible) just if you add anything else get it remapped etc.. run it on good oil like Motul 300v and do the correct oil change procedure or make sure you take it somewhere that does (prefill the filter and crank engine with crank sensor removed)..
FMIC and 550injectors and a remap would be my next move.. if you want more power that is.