What next?

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2004, 03:03 PM
kmccor
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension setup problems

Hello all

I'm hoping someone might put me in the clear as to what my problem may be.

Originally I took my car to TSL for a couple of things including a decat downpipe, uprated rear droplinks and while it was there I had a laser geometry setup done. Everything was great after, the car drove really nicely with the new geom setup making a massive difference, nice round a bend any tramlining was eliminated, all was good.

Then I started having a boost problem, I took it back to TSL to fix (turned out it was overboosting so they drilled out some restrictor? and that problem has been fine since), I also added a decat centre, new rear tyres and Ferodo DS2500 front pads.
All seemed fine for a short while but after a bit of 'proper' driving I could tell the car was now handling like a bag of s**t. Loads of vibration through the steering wheel, very severe tramlining under heavy braking, very very twitchy (lost the back end in the wet for the first time ever),anything above 80 and the steering was incredibly light and only a very slight turn of the wheel would deliver unexpected results the worst feeling was the very strange steering feel, rather than a sharp turn as I was used to it wallowed as if there was a delay between me moving the wheel and the car doing what it was asked. All these symptoms made me think somehow during the work the geometry had been severely messed up somehow, which I was very surprised about.

Rather than pay the £120 for another TSL geom session I thought I'd give Scoobyclinic a try as it only costs £55 for a geom session there. While it was there I had uprated front and rear anti-roll bars and front droplinks. I thought it was back to its old self and it has improved but after a few weeks the following is still happening - tramlining under hard braking, light uneven steering feel at high speeds (anything over 120 and it's pretty much undrivable, tested on an old runway of course).

I can't afford to throw money at these kind of things all the time so I'd like peoples opinions first. Firstly what is causing it to go so wrong? and secondly what should I do next? (another geom session?) Any help will be much appreciated.

Karl

Last edited by kmccor; 13 June 2004 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10 June 2004, 03:12 PM
mgg
Scooby Regular

Take it back to TSL and tell them that the car is not right since they did the work, get one of the engineers to take it for a drive ( with you ) and see what he thinks.

A company like that should have good customer realtions and therefore should sort this problem out for you. Dont take it anywhere else and pay money for it, get TSL to sort it.
If they say they will fix the problem but it will cost you, argue why you should pay or negotiate a deal.

Deffinatly take it back to TSL though, your well within your customer rights to get them to atleast look at what the problem is.

Good luck.
Old 12 June 2004, 09:37 AM
kmccor
Scooby Newbie

Default has anyone got anyone technical info?

Is there anyone out there who could give me a technical explanation of what my problem is? Why does it seem OK at normal speeds and then just go to s**t at high speeds? What should I do next.

Thanks for that reply but I'm not really looking at blaming anyone, I just want to know what's going on with my car.

Last edited by kmccor; 13 June 2004 at 09:53 AM.
Old 13 June 2004, 09:53 AM
kmccor
Scooby Newbie

bttt