Notices

Decat what next?

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2004, 08:18 AM
Daz_WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Decat what next?

Hi People wondering if anyone can help me, i have a 97 WRX import and it currently has a full system exhaust (removed centre cat) a dump valve and a HKS induction kit, i have just ordered a H&S Downpipe, will be fittted in two weeks and am having a power run at the same time. Whats next?

Cheers
Old 02 June 2004, 11:10 AM
Daz_WRX
Scooby Regular

any body? Please
Old 02 June 2004, 11:34 AM
Keigo
Scooby Regular

That depends on your budget and what you want to achieve, mate. Before embarking on more power, monitor the engine condition with boost gauge and knocklink at least.
As for power upgrade, you have loads of options including ECU upgrade (Apexi Power FC, Link, GEMS, Motec, etc), turbo upgrade or boost control (Dawes, Apexi AVC-R, Blitz Dual SBC, HKS EVC4, etc). If you have big power in mind, then make sure your fueling is up to it. Large injectors, fuel pump and adjustable fuel pressure regulator, etc.

Brakes could do with upgrade. Then move onto handling department - suspension, anti roll bar, solid drop links, anti lift kit, bump steer mod, good tyres, etc.

One word of advise, HKS mushrooms don't like MAF very much. I'd keep an eye on it regularly, or have it replaced with a dry type induction or put the standard air box back on, with an uprated panel filter.

Hope that helps
Old 02 June 2004, 11:49 AM
Daz_WRX
Scooby Regular

Cheers, MAF Seems fine at the moment, it doesnt hunt on idle etc, ive seen the apexi boost and AFR controllers for sale on ebay numerous times, are they any good and how would i set it up? You also mention the larger injectors and fuel pump etc, is this something i need now? and the knock link, i have never really understood this, it tells you its knocking, could you use this as an indication when setting up the apexi goodies? Cheers