Emergency!

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2004, 08:19 PM
Scooper
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Emergency!

Argh! My Scoob wont Start! Please Help!

Afternoon everybody, Im hoping that you can help me out. Here's what happended this morn. I jumped in the car and started the engine but it had been left in gear. The car lurched forward slightly and stalled. Then... nothing....dead.... I tried the central locking/immobilisor a few times and insted of the usual 'blip blip' it made a weird single blip and the central locking wurrrrrred very slowly. I tried a few more times with no success. I left the car alone for 10 mins and out of the blue it made the usual 'blip blip' without me using the keyless switch. It still wont start.

Has anybody got any idea what is going on? Anyone experienced similar or can think what the problem is?

Thanks for any help.

Scooper.
Old 30 May 2004, 09:00 PM
carlegacy
Scooby Regular

could your battery be flat.
Old 30 May 2004, 09:06 PM
micared
Scooby Regular

Your timing belt may have jumped a tooth or two....wouldn't keep trying to start it until you've confirmed this, as you may cause engine damage. If it is a flat battery, ignore this, obviously.
Old 30 May 2004, 10:54 PM
easyrider
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charge your battery-clean up the negative/positive points on the battery first,also clean earth connections to the engine.
Do the easy stuff first-it sounds like flat battery or dodgy bad connections from what i can read.

easy