Notices

HELP ME..............PLEASE :)

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2004, 04:56 PM
Akka
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP ME..............PLEASE :)

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this up again, but....

After my recent post about fuel cut I have come to the conclusion that my car is overboosting. I'm going to clean the boost solenoid tomorrow (novice.......danger, danger!), but i'm not too sure how to go about it. I have searched scoobynet to try and find related threads, but all that I have found are 90% of the instructions needed..........if that makes sense?!?

Anyway....I know where the boost soleniod is, and I beleive that the green wires nder the dash should be connected and to be in position 2 on the ignition, but i'm wondering:

Which hose/s to spray brake cleaner down?

Which direction (i.e. towards the solenoid, or away)?

Do the hoses need to be taken off?

Daft as it sounds how much to spray?

Do the hoses need to be left to dry naturally or does a rag need to be forced down before driving the car?

Does the ECU need to be reset, and if so, how?

Sory for such a long thread, but hopefully if I can do it anyone can, and if anyone does need to do it again in the future, at least they'll be a comprehensive thread to read.

Hopefully someone will be insane enough to reply and any help would be fantastic!

Cheers again guys,

John
Old 07 May 2004, 05:05 PM
manny
Scooby Regular

Im a novice myself mate, but when i cleaned mine i basically sprayed loads into all of the pipes and the solenoid, then connected them up as quickly as possible then took the car for a blast before the cleaner evaporates, et voila......sorted!! i didnt reset the ecu but it cant hurt!!
Old 08 May 2004, 11:16 AM
Akka
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 08 May 2004, 11:54 AM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Remove all the boost hoses (after making a nice diagram to aid re-assembly ), remove solenoid bracket so you can turn it upside down (on a rag to soak up the cleaner), join green test mode connectors, and squirt your cleaner in.

I used liberal amounts od WD40 follow by electrical cleaner to wash it all out. Clean the pipes too. Depending on how bad the contamination was, also consider cleaning your intercooler which could also be pretty contaminated (remove it, pour in a half litre of petrol and slosh it about for a while. Empty and leave to evaporate for a while).

If the contamination was caused by raised boost, fit a catch can. If over filled oil caused it, make sure you remove the excess before starting or you'll have wasted your time

Richard