Straight,,STi V TMIC into WRX 94

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2004, 02:41 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb Straight,,STi V TMIC into WRX 94

Ok, got hold of a modified TMIC off a STi V - the aluminium, larger straight one.

Fitted pretty OK, but knocks on bulkhead when engine started, I'll see if it does it more often as engine rocks a bit during a drive... any ideas on how to stop it as it seems to hit the clips for cables and hard brake lines that run along bulkhead!

BUT - can't now fit my strut brace that used to go between TMIC and bulkhead - no room!
What sort do I need to get - one from a STI v onwards, or post 98 UK model?

Finally, any one got an under bonnet tray for scoop to TMIS ar direction, the old one for slanty IC misses half the larger TMIC!

Thanks

Neil
Old 01 May 2004, 04:39 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Ok, got hold of a modified TMIC off a STi V - the aluminium, larger straight one.

Fitted pretty OK, but knocks on bulkhead when engine started, I'll see if it does it more often as engine rocks a bit during a drive... any ideas on how to stop it as it seems to hit the clips for cables and hard brake lines that run along bulkhead!

Thanks

Neil

Right

After a bit of a blast, the bigger TMIC just hits the driver side bulkhead when the engine rocks as engine starts up, is switched off and when the clutch judders on take up.

Not too bad, but a bit irritating. There are some cables and a brake line on bulkhead as well as a lip which I can "modify" with a hammer... any better odeas?

Would the IC tilt kit lift the rear of the TMIC up and clear the bulkhead?

Any ideas helpful!

Neil