Notices

clear side repeaters - help,advice needed!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2004, 10:18 PM
Ben88
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post clear side repeaters - help,advice needed!

Just bought some clear side repeaters for my classic turbo MY96. Can someone tell me how to replace the OEM ones with these ? Magazines that I've come across say, you just move the side indicators left and right until it dislodges..is this right ? how is it easy to do ? how long should it take ? and will the replacements fit directly in its place, or require some adhesive to hold it ?

Appreciated
Old 14 April 2004, 10:26 PM
tommowrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben88
Just bought some clear side repeaters for my classic turbo MY96. Can someone tell me how to replace the OEM ones with these ? Magazines that I've come across say, you just move the side indicators left and right until it dislodges..is this right ? how is it easy to do ? how long should it take ? and will the replacements fit directly in its place, or require some adhesive to hold it ?

Appreciated
you should be able to push them either left or right pull them out as you push they are on a plastic springy thing the others should just slot straight in nothing else needed should only take a couple of minutes
Old 14 April 2004, 10:28 PM
zenyck100@hotmail.com
Scooby Regular

very easy to do m8. its a straight swap. all you have to do pull on the widest side of the original indicator (the end nearest the wingmirrors) and it will pop out.

once out, undo the the bulp holder by turning anti-clockwise. pull the bulb out replace with orange bulb. put the bulb holder into the clear indicator, turn clockwise to lock it into place.finally push the indicator back into thier holes they will click in. give them a wiggle just to make sure they are secure and your done

hope this helps

Zen
Old 16 April 2004, 12:32 PM
Ben88
Scooby Newbie

Zen

Thanks for the advice. fitted it in easy, looked abit harder than i thought. cheers

Originally Posted by zenyck100@hotmail.com
very easy to do m8. its a straight swap. all you have to do pull on the widest side of the original indicator (the end nearest the wingmirrors) and it will pop out.

once out, undo the the bulp holder by turning anti-clockwise. pull the bulb out replace with orange bulb. put the bulb holder into the clear indicator, turn clockwise to lock it into place.finally push the indicator back into thier holes they will click in. give them a wiggle just to make sure they are secure and your done

hope this helps

Zen