Notices

How to check if Lambda if is Knacked

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2004, 11:56 AM
dr jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to check if Lambda if is Knacked

I have a 97 uk Turbo standard apart from full decat and K&N panel filter & dawes set at 15 psi held. Seem to be getting about 18mpg if driven like an angel also the same mpg when driven hard the car starts an idles brilliant but seems a bit hesitent as the boost comes in (dont know if this is the ecu going from closed to open loop)
whats the best way to check lambda sensor?. Also the cars getting a tek2 at PE next week would they be able to check this easily or should i replace before (does anyone know if they keep stock?). Im also going to remove dawes device before tek2 can anyone tell me what pipe i put the restrictor and t peice back in i know it go's to the boost solanoid but where does restrictor go Wastegate, or compresser housing ?
Cheers for any help guys
Old 21 March 2004, 12:23 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Either check it with a wideband sensor, or swap it with another known good one and see if economy improves

PE will have something they can shove up your tailpipe for quick analysis I guess

Richard
Old 21 March 2004, 01:28 PM
zhastaph
Scooby Regular

Seem to be getting about 18mpg if driven like an angel also the same mpg when driven hard the car
This does sound like the Lambda, in my experience I've found as the lambda goes the difference in fuel economy of the car between 'econimical driving' and thrashing the ***** of it seems to get smaller.

Im also going to remove dawes device before tek2 can anyone tell me what pipe i put the restrictor and t peice back in i know it go's to the boost solanoid but where does restrictor go Wastegate, or compresser housing
The restrictor goes before the 'T' (compressor side).